A Taste of Things to Come discount ticket offer
A Taste of Things to Come
The Broadway Playhouse
March 20 - April 29, 2018
$55 Tickets! Save 43%!
Use code CHICKS when ordering
- ALL SALES FINAL. No exchanges or refunds. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Dates, times, prices, and cast subject to change without notice. Standard Ticketmaster service fees apply to online or phone orders. Offer may be revoked without notice. All performances through April 1 (excluding March 25 evening) Tickets must be purchased by April 1, 2018 at 7:30PM.
- THE 1950s: It’s the beginning of rock n’ roll, the racial barrier begins to crack, the Korean War is over, and husbands are returning home. Ronald Reagan is a model for Lifebuoy Soap and Rock Hudson is “The World’s Most Eligible Bachelor.”
And women are getting antsy.
Meet Joan, Connie, Dottie, and Agnes. Four best friends living in Winnetka, IL. They meet every Wednesday for a Betty Crocker cooking contest, imagining how the prizes might change their lives. Their weekly gathering isn’t just about cooking, but a time to confide secrets and share frustrations.
- Usually, it’s LIFE Magazine that’s read cover to cover in between mixing, sifting, and chopping. However, a different kind of reading material arrives. Shocked but inspired by the Kinsey report, their lives take an interesting turn.
- A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME is a fabulously fun romp tracing the changing lives of these four Winnetka women from the 1950s to the sexual revolution of the 1960s. This homage to prior generations of women who blazed new trails features a rollicking original score of ‘50s and ‘60s music with great harmonies, all backed by an all-female rock n’ roll band.
- Come join the journey of empowerment as these four women discover their own unimaginable, bold new future!
**Thanks to Broadway In Chicago for this fantastic offer for Big Chicks!